To use any part of the Aullwood Audubon property for the purposes of commercial photography, videography or multimedia recording, you must obtain a commercial permit by submitting a request form and speaking with the Center Director or designated staff member at least two weeks in advance. Commercial photography, videography and multimedia includes any material captured at Aullwood Audubon which you are directly paid for, create with the intent to sell, or are compensated for in other ways. Examples include but are not limited to:
- fashion shoots
- advertising photos or videos
- stock photographs
- portrait photography (including wedding, engagement, family, prom, graduation, and other portraiture)
Commercial photography and videography fee guidelines are generally based upon the total number of people on location. If you will need to use the nature center facilities for any purposes, an additional room rental fee will be applied. Small groups (1-10 people) are $50 per hour with a maximum daily rate of $250, medium groups (11-35 people) are $100 per hour with a maximum daily rate of $500, and large groups (35+ people) are $150 per hour with a maximum daily rate of $750. Aullwood Audubon will require higher fees for large commercial projects that have bigger impacts on sanctuary operations, such as films, commercials and other high-intensity uses. Aullwood Audubon may occasionally reduce the fees for photography sessions that offer unique community benefits.
PERMIT REQUEST FORM
After contacting Aullwood to confirm the availability of your proposed date(s), visit https://aullwood.audubon.org/PermitRequest to download and complete an Aullwood Audubon Commercial Photography, Videography and Multimedia Permit Request. Submit the completed Permit Request and relevant payment to Aullwood Audubon at least 2 weeks prior to the proposed date.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEOGRAPHY GUIDELINES
To ensure our sanctuary stays protected for people, wildlife, and farm animals, we ask all photographers and videographers to follow these rules:
- Interfering with the visiting experience of other guests at the sanctuary is strictly prohibited.
- Moving or removing plants or structures—such as benches, containers, displays, fences, etc.—is strictly prohibited.
- Entering any fenced in enclosure or pasture is strictly prohibited. Feeding of any animals, farm or otherwise, is strictly prohibited.
- No photographer, videographer, assistant or subject may step in flower beds, walls, benches, or places other than on designated paths and open areas. Climbing or mounting equipment in trees or on buildings is not permitted.
- Balloons, kites, and flying lanterns are prohibited. Photographers and videographers should contact the Center Director or his or her designee for approval of any props proposed to be used.
- All subjects must be fully clothed. Swimsuit or lingerie photo shoots are not permitted.
- All cords or wires must be placed and guarded in such a way that they do not alter pathways and/or put visitors at risk.
- Littering is prohibited. Photographers and other visitors should carry out anything that they carry in.
- Launching, operating, or retrieving drones or other remote-controlled aerial vehicles is prohibited without prior approval.
- Photographers and videographers will be held liable for their actions and for those of clients, crewmembers, and subjects should they damage sanctuary facilities or property.