Locations and Directions
Aullwood consists of two major locations, Aullwood Nature Center and Aullwood Farm, connected by eight miles of walking trails running through our beautiful 200 acre nature sanctuary. You can begin your visit at either site, then enjoy a scenic walk in the Nature Sanctuary along trails leading to the other location or take a quick five minute car trip there instead. Your payment at either location pays your admission to both.
Aullwood Nature Center is located at 1000 Aullwood Road, Dayton, OH 45414. Aullwood Farm is located at 9101 Frederick Pike, Dayton, OH 45414.
Hours and Admission
Aullwood's Charity A. Krueger Farm Discovery Center and Marie S. Aull Education Center are now fully open to the public! Both Aullwood Farm at 9101 Frederick Pike and Aullwood Nature Center at 1000 Aullwood Road are now open 9 AM to 5 PM Tuesday through Saturday and 1 PM to 5 PM Sunday. Aullwood's Nature Center, Farm Discovery Center, trails and property will be closed on Mondays. For more details on our status, visit https://aullwood.audubon.org/reopen, call 937-890-7360 or email AskUs@aullwood.org.
General admission is free for children 2 and under, $7.00 for children 3 to 11, and $10.00 for adults 12 and over. Members of Friends of Aullwood (our support group) and the National Audubon Society receive free admission with membership card. Special events like our Fall Festival can have different fees; please see our Upcoming Events calendar, check our Annual Events listing or contact us to check!
Special Programs and Annual Events
Aullwood has many special programs and annual events you may enjoy! Keep up to date with all the latest happenings on our Upcoming Events calendar, or see our Annual Events listing to see the major events we host throughout the year.
Please see Aullwood's Trail Map and Brochure for a complete guide to Aullwood's farm, center, sanctuary and walking trails, as well as general information about us.
Aullwood's Nature Store and Gift Shop is located in our Nature Center and is open during Aullwood's regular business hours. A visit to our gift store is a great way to take a piece of Aullwood home with you. Aullwood's Nature Store carries hundreds of nature related items, including a variety of bird feeders and houses, children's educational toys and games, nature gifts and crafts. Field guides and birding, ecology and Ohio related books are all topics carried in our book department, along with activity, pop-up and board books for children. All store proceeds help support Aullwood's programs and help us preserve the sanctuary. Also available is a complete array of farm products for sale, including grass fed beef, all natural eggs, sustainably-raised pork and local dairy products! Remember that a Friends of Aullwood membership entitles you to a 10% discount in Aullwood's Nature Store and much more!
Ample parking is available at both Aullwood Farm and Aullwood Center, and is free during regular business hours.
Aullwood's Farm and Center as well as trails and property are smoke-free. No smoking, including the use of electronic or e-cigarettes, is permitted in any location at any time.
Dogs on leash are permitted at Aullwood Audubon. We do not allow retractable leashes on our property. Aullwood Farm and Aullwood's festival events often feature a variety of animals as well as dogs from participating service organizations, so please keep this in mind if your dog doesn't always 'play well with others'.
Commercial Photography, Videography and Multimedia Policy
To use any part of the Aullwood Audubon property for the purposes of commercial photography, videography or multimedia recording, you must obtain a commercial permit by submitting a request form and speaking with the Center Director or designated staff member at least two weeks in advance. Commercial photography, videography and multimedia includes any material captured at Aullwood Audubon which you are directly paid for, create with the intent to sell, or are compensated for in other ways. Examples include but are not limited to:
- fashion shoots
- advertising photos or videos
- stock photographs
- portrait photography (including wedding, engagement, family, prom, graduation, and other portraiture)
Commercial photography and videography fee guidelines are generally based upon the total number of people on location. If you will need to use the nature center facilities for any purposes, an additional room rental fee will be applied. Small groups (1-10 people) are $50 per hour with a maximum daily rate of $250, medium groups (11-35 people) are $100 per hour with a maximum daily rate of $500, and large groups (35+ people) are $150 per hour with a maximum daily rate of $750. Aullwood Audubon will require higher fees for large commercial projects that have bigger impacts on sanctuary operations, such as films, commercials and other high-intensity uses. Aullwood Audubon may occasionally reduce the fees for photography sessions that offer unique community benefits.
PERMIT REQUEST FORM
After contacting Aullwood to confirm the availability of your proposed date(s), visit https://aullwood.audubon.org/PermitRequest to download and complete an Aullwood Audubon Commercial Photography, Videography and Multimedia Permit Request. Submit the completed Permit Request and relevant payment to Aullwood Audubon at least 2 weeks prior to the proposed date.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEOGRAPHY GUIDELINES
To ensure our sanctuary stays protected for people, wildlife, and farm animals, we ask all photographers and videographers to follow these rules:
- Interfering with the visiting experience of other guests at the sanctuary is strictly prohibited.
- Moving or removing plants or structures—such as benches, containers, displays, fences, etc.—is strictly prohibited.
- Entering any fenced in enclosure or pasture is strictly prohibited. Feeding of any animals, farm or otherwise, is strictly prohibited.
- No photographer, videographer, assistant or subject may step in flower beds, walls, benches, or places other than on designated paths and open areas. Climbing or mounting equipment in trees or on buildings is not permitted.
- Balloons, kites, and flying lanterns are prohibited. Photographers and videographers should contact the Center Director or his or her designee for approval of any props proposed to be used.
- All subjects must be fully clothed. Swimsuit or lingerie photo shoots are not permitted.
- All cords or wires must be placed and guarded in such a way that they do not alter pathways and/or put visitors at risk.
- Littering is prohibited. Photographers and other visitors should carry out anything that they carry in.
- Launching, operating, or retrieving drones or other remote-controlled aerial vehicles is prohibited without prior approval.
- Photographers and videographers will be held liable for their actions and for those of clients, crewmembers, and subjects should they damage sanctuary facilities or property.
1000 Aullwood Road
Dayton OH 45414-1129